Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend fun

What a glorious fall day here in Overland Park!!  Keely and I walked to school this morning in crisp upper 50 degree weather.  Going to be in low 80's by the time we walk back home.  Gotta love this time of year. 

We started our wonderful weekend with the first skating party of the school year.  Since Keely went to a private kindergarten all of the school stuff is "firsts" for her.  We had a blast and hope to get in lots more practice before the next one rolls around



Saturday morning I took a class at Quilted Memories to learn how to use a longarm quilting machine.  It was so much fun and I am so excited to start practicing.  I have rented some time Tuesday afternoon to do some practice pieces before I attempt an actual quilt.  It's a whole new world opened up for me and I am so excited to be trying it out. 


 
Shortly after I got home my oldest grand-daughter arrived for a sleep-over with cousin Keely.  What a grand time we had.  Lots of dress-up, lots of giggles and laughing, hide & seek, swimming, tooling around the drive in the Barbie Escalade, did I mention laughing and giggline??  It was a late night for those 2 giggly girls and they eventually fell asleep around midnight!! 

Donuts for breakfast Sunday and a day full of laughing commenced.  I love the sound of children and am so blessed to have the cousins near for Keely to play with.  Gary and I worry so over the fact that we will be raising her as an only child, but we are determined to give her as normal a life as possible given that her "mother and father" will not be a part of her growing up.  One of the benefits is that "papa" is around a lot and that never happened when our kids were growing up.  Being retired does have it's benefits! 

I had to share this picture I took of Keely and Avalon last week.  I absolutely love it and the look on her face is darling.  She loves to go to the barn with me and he is such a gentle giant who wants lots of petting and treats from little girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment