Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Countdown to change!!

It's a good thing that I have such a great love for quilting, knitting, and crochet.  With all that is going on right now I rely on creating to take my mind away from wondering what is going to happen.  Tuesday we go back to court and I think we will finally know whether or not we will get our grand-daughter permanently.  8 months ago I pretty much begged the state to intervene because I couldn't find another way to put a stop to my daughter's destructive drug addiction.  At that time I was awarded custody as a foster parent.  It's so odd to be considered a foster parent to your grandchild.  It has been a joy to have her with us and witness her thriving in a safe, dependable, consistent, and loving environment.  Fortunately she did not suffer any abuse, but she was neglected to the extent that she basically took care of herself and missed more kingergarten than she attended.  Her mom loves her, but she loves drugs and herself more.  I say she loves her, but I have to wonder how someone can look at that sweet child and not put her first in every way possible.  I will never understand how someone can lose all sense of reason to substance abuse.  I know it happens every day, but I truly never expected it would impact our family the way it has.

Keely is my constant companion and loves to keep me company while I am working at the sewing machine.  She is a wonderful critic of what I do, always, always complimentary and positive.


I finished piecing this this afternoon and love the way it turned out.  I can't take credit for the pattern but I am calling it (for my personal purpose) Onward and Upward because that is my husband Gary's favorite saying and this seems to speak that to me.  Especially under the cirmstances we are in right now.  I am please with how the colors work together and am excited to contemplate the quilting part!

This top I finished piecing on Father's Day.  You can see Gary peeking over the top.  I am thinking that quilt will look wonderful on one of my grand-daughters' bed.  I have 3 so I can indulge in lots of girly colors and fabrics. 

One jelly roll was all it took to get this much put together.  I have gotten some dark green to use for borders and will probably use it for binding as well.  I love how easily you can find ideas, instruction, and help with pretty much anything you might want to do or create.  It's truly wonderful!!



I continue to strive "Onward and Upward"...........

No comments:

Post a Comment