Thursday, April 7, 2016

It's been a busy last month and a half.  Have gotten a pretty good amount of quilting in and loving it!!
Made Krissy some placemats from a jelly roll she picked out when we went to Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I was so excited she went with!!  She only went to keep me company and it was most enjoyable to share my passion with my daughter.  The placemats are a simple quilt as you go and are so durable.  She has requested placemats for every holiday!  That will take a while to complete as I am easily distracted by other projects. 

Skyelar it getting bigger and bigger and absolutely LOVES the snow.  She would stay out and play for hours in the cold and snow.  I am feeling for her when summer it here, with all her hair I am pretty sure she will hate it!


I work part time at a quilt shop in Aurora, CO called The Threadloft and am teaching a bargello class the end of this month.  We will be completing a table runner with the option of going to the lap throw size.  Looking forward to it, will be my first "teaching" project!  I love working at the shop and definitely spend more than I make!  The owner is an amazing long arm quilter and I have and continue to learn and improve my long arm skills from her.  I have even quilted a couple of customer quilts which is so exciting for me.  I am so grateful for her patience and experience!

One thing I love about living in Castle Rock is the variety of wildlife found here.  We have the deer, I have seen antelope, coyotes, we have but I have not seen, mountain lions and bears also.  The last two are a bit scary to think about but we have moved into their homes and have to share the land with them.  We are pretty careful with our puppies at night!!  Recently a couple of blocks away from us a family had their dog taken by a lion from their yard and one of Keely's friends dog has been attacked twice by coyotes!! 



Keely got her new bike for Easter and found a warm day to ride.  The star top is finished and on her bed.  Her favorite part of the quilt is her name I quilted in one of the white blocks, she loved it.  The quilt was made with a layer cake of Kaffe Fassett and a white layer cake.  The pink border is Tula Pink and the outer border is Kaffe Fassett also. It is stippled with a few flowers thrown in.

Until next time......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment